1. Complete Cultural Immersion: There is no better way to learn about different cultures than to experience them firsthand.
2. Feeding the Mind: While onboard a cruise, kids can experience the authentic cuisines of different regions as well as get a hands-on experience in preparing dishes of foreign lands, building both the mind and the palate.
3. Cruise Captain: Many cruise lines offer children the chance to speak with one of the greatest sources of information on board: the ship captain, providing a wonderful opportunity for younger passengers to learn about everything from the mechanics of the ship to the most exciting ports of call.
4. Lessons in History & Conservation: Young cruise travelers have the amazing opportunity to learn about the world in the best way: by seeing it up close. Cruises offer the chance to see ruins, museums, and landmarks in real life.
5. Speaking the Language: The benefits of learning a second language are unmatched for children. In addition to cruise taking kids to different corners of the world, it offers them an opportunity to learn a new language in the real world, both by hearing it on land or learning it onboard.
6. Fun and Games: Cruises also offer kids a chance to unwind with fun, brain-sharpening children’s programs and kids’ clubs complete with educational games, scavenger hunts, and crafts, based on the cultures kids visit while on their cruise.
Taken from CLIA (Cruise Line International Association) Newsletter of August 2016, Issue 17.